They're letting me return tomorrow, so I think
I did pretty well! Here's a look at my journey today...
First, I waited patiently in front of my house for
my school bus to arrive.
Then, there it was...the big yellow box
comin' 'round the corner! I'm so excited!
Here's my bus, ready to transport me to the place
where big kids go.
Check this out! I got to ride this elevator thing
to get up into the bus!
Oh boy! I can see so much more than in my
daddy's truck! This is fun!
Then I arrived at school and met my classmates
for the first time. I'm not quite sure what they
thought of me, but apparently one little girl was
so drawn to me that she had to be held back!
Here's my locker where I dropped off my backpack
and some supplies.
Then I finally got to enter our classroom and start
playing with my teacher, Sarah. If I push this big red
button, a ball rolls through that contraption on the
table! I wasn't very good at it, but I'll try to improve.
Then we did what they called "circle time." As you
can see, I wasn't really into it today. But wouldn't
you fall asleep, too, if you had a foam cut-out chair
like this one?
Then an occupational therapist took me to
another building for 1:1 time. I wasn't feeling
very well and decided I'd rather show her how
well I can sleep.
When I returned to the classroom, my new
friends were having snack time. Mama forgot
to bring my puffy stars, so I sulked while the
other kids ate.
But then we moved on to more play time.
That's Mimi in the pink...she flirted with me!
Then we went to a special gym that only
kids in our special classes can use. If I had
more time, I would have explored all the
fun stuff more, but today I was content with
this knobby ball.
Then, it was time to get back in the bus! I sure
do love these bus rides!
And here I am getting off the bus at home. I did
it everyone! I completed my first day of school!
1 comment:
What fun to see these pictures of Benton at school! I hope he's feeling better so he can really enjoy all of the learning that takes place there with the other kids his age!
Post a Comment